Sunday, April 16, 2017

Northwestern Football Uniform Combinations: #11

Over the next few weeks, I will rank  Northwestern football's uniform combinations from the 2016 season  from my least favorite to my favorite (going from 12 to 1).

Helmet: Purple (White "Cat")
Jersey: Gray
Pants: Gray

Image result for northwestern november 5 photos
So close, yet so far away
This uniform combination could have been great. I have long dreamed of Northwestern wearing gray uniforms, and these uniforms were everything I could have hoped for. The only problem was the helmet. This helmet is actually one of my favorite helmets that Northwestern wore this past season, but the purple just didn't fit with the gray jerseys and pants. If Northwestern had worn a gray helmet (same color as the jersey, obviously) with a purple "N" and a purple face mask, I would have loved this uniform combination. Don't get me wrong, this combination wasn't horrible by any stretch of the imagination, but it just wasn't complete. In the end, this was an okay uniform combination that could've been great.

No comments:

Post a Comment