Saturday, April 15, 2017

Northwestern Football Uniform Combinations: #12

Over the next few weeks, I will rank  Northwestern football's uniform combinations from the 2016 season  from my least favorite to my favorite (going from 12 to 1).

Helmet: Purple (stars and stripes "N")
Jersey: Purple
Pants: White

Image result for northwestern vs illinois state football
The American Flag deserves better
Northwestern's worst uniform combination of the year comes from their worst game of the year (if you haven't figured out what game it was by now, it was the Illinois State disaster). This was ugly (both the uniforms and the game). I have no problem with Northwestern honoring those who served our country by having "Heroes Day", in fact I think it's an awesome idea. The problem arises when Northwestern tries to put the American Flag into their uniforms. We all remember the "Wounded Warrior" disaster, and this one wasn't much better. I've never been a huge fan of  Northwestern wearing purple, purple, white because the white pants just seem out of place, so that's one knock I have on this combination. My second, and final, knock is the Stars and Stripes on the purple helmet. This alone put this put this combination in the last spot. It's just plain ugly. Red and Purple have never gone well together and this helmet further proved that. You've probably heard the saying "look good, play good", but with Northwestern's performance in this game they "looked bad, played bad."

No comments:

Post a Comment